Cheapism.com Editorial Corrections Policy
At Cheapism.com, we are committed to providing accurate and reliable information to our readers. In the event that errors occur, we strive to correct them promptly and transparently. This editorial corrections policy outlines our approach to addressing and rectifying errors in our content.
1. Identification of Errors: Our editorial team is responsible for monitoring and identifying errors in published content. We encourage our readers to bring any potential errors to our attention by contacting executive editor Kris Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Types of Corrections:
a. Minor Errors: Typos, grammatical errors, and minor inaccuracies will be corrected without a separate correction notice.
b. Substantive Errors: Material inaccuracies or significant errors that impact the overall understanding of a story will be corrected with a clear correction notice.
3. Corrections Process: Upon identification of an error, the editorial team will promptly review and verify the accuracy of the correction. Corrections will be made directly within the article, and a note will be added at the end of the article explaining the nature of the correction.
4. Correction Notice: A correction notice will include a brief explanation of the error and the correction made. The notice will be placed prominently at the end of the corrected article to ensure visibility.
5. Timeliness of Corrections: Corrections will be made as soon as the error is verified, regardless of the time of day. If a correction impacts the understanding of breaking news, efforts will be made to correct it promptly and visibly.
6. Transparency and Accountability: We are committed to being transparent about our mistakes and taking responsibility for correcting them. The corrections policy is easily accessible to readers on our website.
7. Handling Retractions: In cases where a published article is found to be substantially incorrect, misleading, or harmful, we will issue a retraction notice. Retractions will be clearly labeled, explaining the reason for retracting the content.
8. Reader Engagement:We encourage readers to engage with us regarding corrections and provide feedback on our corrections process. Reader feedback will be taken into consideration for ongoing improvements to our editorial processes.
Review and Revision: This corrections policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness in maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and transparency.
Date of Last Revision: 1/10/2024