Cheapism.com is a consumer lifestyle, personal finance, and product recommendation site that has been featured in The New York Times, HuffPost, NBC News, Time, and The New Yorker, to name a few. At Cheapism we believe you can live well no matter your budget. For over a decade, readers have looked to us for reliable, money-saving advice on everything from food to travel to retirement.
We're looking for committed freelancers who can become regular contributors to Cheapism.com. Have you always wanted to create work that would be seen by millions? Cheapism stories reach a wide national audience on major platforms such as MSN, News Break, Apple News, AOL, and more. Freelancing for Cheapism comes with the possibility of a full-time, salaried staff writer position — with benefits including fully employer-paid health insurance, 401(k) with matching, and flexible, remote work environment — if it's a good fit. Cheapism is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture.
- Pursue stories assigned by editors on a monthly basis.
- Conduct original reporting and provide sources for fact checking.
- Quickly write copy that is accurate, informative, lively, and clean.
- Collaborate with editors to ensure stories fulfill the assignment and fit our format and style.
- Promote your stories and the Cheapism brand on social media.
- Journalism background
- Experience covering personal finance and/or lifestyle topics
- Social-media savvy
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus points for familiarity with AP style, Trello, and SEO best practices.
If you're intrigued by what we do and think you've got what it takes, send a resume and 3-4 clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!