Cheapism.com is a consumer lifestyle, personal finance, and product recommendation site that has been featured in The New York Times, HuffPost, NBC News, Time, and The New Yorker, to name a few. At Cheapism we believe you can live well no matter your budget. For over a decade, readers have looked to us for reliable, money-saving advice on everything from food to travel to retirement. Our stories reach a national audience of millions on major platforms such as MSN, News Break, Apple News, AOL, and more. We're a collegial and easygoing group committed to excelling at what we do while striving for a healthy work/life balance.
We're looking for committed freelancers who can become regular contributors to Cheapism.com. Freelancing for Cheapism comes with the possibility of a full-time, salaried staff writer position — with benefits including fully employer-paid health insurance, 401(k) with matching, four-day workweek, and flexible, remote work environment — if it's a good fit. Cheapism is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture.
- Pursue stories assigned by editors on a monthly basis.
- Conduct original reporting and provide sources for fact checking.
- Quickly write copy that is accurate, informative, lively, and clean.
- Collaborate with editors to ensure stories fulfill the assignment and fit our format and style.
- Promote your stories and the Cheapism brand on social media.
- Journalism background
- Experience covering personal finance and/or lifestyle topics
- Social-media savvy
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus points for familiarity with AP style, Trello, and SEO best practices.
We look forward to hearing from you!